Five Best Dishwasher Consumer Reports: Reviews And Buying Guide
Believe me, I hate doing dishes as much as you do, but we both know that this is one task that we can’t ignore or avoid. Dirty dishes in the kitchen sink is a clear invitation to cockroaches, rats, and whatnot. Therefore, it is impossible to go to sleep without cleaning the dishes no matter how tired you are.
However, there is an excellent way of getting all the dishes cleaned without indulging in the cleaning process. Do you want to know how that is possible? Well, you need to buy a dishwasher, yes that’s right, a dishwasher, which is a special machine used to clean utensils and cutlery in the most efficient way.
This revolutionary machine can save you from the hassle of cleaning a whole lot of dirty dishes stacked up in your kitchen sink. To know as to which are the most trusted and apt dishwashers, you better take a look at reviews of five best dishwasher consumer reports.
Reviews of Five Best Dishwashers
1. hOmeLabs Compact & Portable Countertop Stainless Steel Dishwasher
Want an advanced dishwasher, but running out of space in the kitchen? Don’t worry, check out this amazing countertop dishwasher by hOmeLabs, which is compact, durable and portable. The unit features a dish basket where you can put your main utensils whereas, for your premium quality cutlery, there is a separate section to utilize.
This powerful dishwasher comes with six wash cycles to cater to your different washing needs, which are; normal, glass, heavy, eco or custom rinsing. There is an option of ‘Delay Wash’ as well that allows you to postpone the cycle. The unit uses around 1.14 to 3.30 liters of water, but that depends a lot on the mode you’ve selected.
The dishwasher is equipped with a heating element, so you don’t have to connect the unit with a hot water hook-up. As far as accessories are concerned, then you will get a faucet adapter (compatible with round-shape faucet outlet), an inlet and drain hose with the main unit.
You can easily dry mugs and plates without leaving marks, courtesy of a rinse aid dispenser, which this dishwasher is equipped with. This is arguably the best dishwasher under 500 that you can currently buy. The company is also giving a 2-year limited warranty on the unit, just in case the machine malfunctions or get damaged.
2. SPT SD-9241SS Energy Star Portable Stainless Steel Dishwasher
If you are a party animal and loves organizing parties in your home, then you need a dishwasher like the one reviewed here. SPT dishwasher is made from stainless steel, so there is no question about its longevity. The unit has two racks where the upper rack can be adjusted to accommodate large pots and plates.
The dishwasher is equipped with all the features that you need for quick and efficient cleaning such as, 6 wash cycles, which include normal, light, heavy, all-in-one, rinse and speed. Along with that, there is a ‘Time Delay’ feature, which allows you to postpone the wash time by 1 hour to 24 hours. With this machine at your disposal, you don’t have to look for a ‘faucet adapter’ because that is included in the package, so just connect it to the kitchen faucet and begin the operation.
3. EdgeStar DWP62BL 6 Place Setting Energy Star Rated Portable Countertop Dishwasher
EdgeStar has always been a top company when it comes to making refrigerators, wine coolers and dishwashers. The product in review is available in three colors, black, white and silver, so you can choose the color that you think would suit your home décor. Being a countertop dishwasher, you don’t have to make space for it under the sink. This compact unit fits easily on a kitchen counter, and then, you can use it to clean your dirty utensils.
The capacity of this dishwasher may be small when compared with standard dishwashers, but it can easily handle dishes of six people at a time. Coming to the accessories that come along with the unit, then those will be a shelf for cups, basket for cutlery and dish rack. The unit can easily accommodate plates the size of a standard dinner plate. This machine has plenty of useful features such as a quick-connect adapter for most household faucets and use of minimal water during the regular wash. The company also offers a 1-year warranty on the dishwasher.
4. SPT SD-9241W Energy Star Portable Dishwasher
Another top-class dishwasher coming from the house of SPT. This dishwasher has exemplary cleaning capabilities, so you can expect your dishes to be 100% dirt free at the end of the washing cycle. Moreover, the machine consumes less energy for a specific task when compared to other dishwashers of the same capacity.
The compact size (18 inches) of the dishwasher makes it easier for you to slide it around the confined places in your kitchen. When it comes to features, this machine is no short of it, as you will find ‘Delay Wash’ function that allows you to delay the cleaning of dishes from 1 hour to 24 hours.
To ensure fast and in-depth cleaning of dishes, the company has incorporated 6 wash cycles in the unit, which are a light, normal, heavy, all-in-one, rinse and speed. Moreover, the machine is divided into two halves where the upper rack is adjustable to accommodate larger dishes. With this dishwasher, you will get a faucet adapter, which can be hooked up with most faucets.
5. Frigidaire FGCD2444SA 24" Built-In Dishwasher
If your aim is to get a dishwasher, which is elegant looking, adds an aesthetic appeal to your kitchen and does the job of dishwashing in an impeccable way, then you better look at this Frigidaire FGCD2444SA Dishwasher, which is made up of smudge free stainless steel and equipped with an innovative ‘OrbitClean Spray Arm’.
This particular feature allows it to clean some of the stubborn stains from the dishes in just one go. This is a smart unit, which automatically saves energy by adjusting the cycle time according to your cleaning needs, courtesy of ‘DishSense’ Technology. It includes all the features that you will see in a premium dishwasher such as ‘Delay Wash’ for delaying the wash cycle, Quick Wash in which all the utensils that are present in the dishwasher are cleaned in 34 minutes.
Moreover, you don’t have to manually dry the utensils because ‘Effortless Dry’ Function will do that for you. With this machine, you will get a stainless steel filter, which is a self-cleaning filter system that you can easily remove as well. You will receive 2-cup shelves along with Nylon stemware holders as well.
Choosing The Best Dishwasher: Factors To Consider
A dishwasher just like any other kitchen appliance needs to be purchased after considering a few important factors, which are:
Dishwashers include tubs, which come in different configurations such as, 8, 12 and tall tub. So, you need to discern as to which size of tub suits your family’s requirements the best. If you opt for buy the standard dishwasher, which has 12 place setting, then you can easily keep 12 quantities of each of bowls, quarter glasses, saucers, dinner and dessert plates, whereas forks, knives, and spoons can be added separately. You will be able to keep woks as well, so all the major utensils can be washed altogether. If the 12 place setting falls short of your requirements, then you can always go for a bigger one.
Types Of Dishwashers
There are four types of dishwashers available on the market, these are:
- Built-In Under The Counter Dishwasher: This unit is installed under the kitchen counter and that too permanently, so make sure that you have allocated the best place for this type of dishwasher. There is no need to connect the kitchen faucet to the dishwasher, so the kitchen sink remains free when the dishwasher is running.
- Portable Freestanding Dishwasher: This type of dishwasher is ideal for those who relocate a lot due to work or personal reasons. To have this type of unit, people just need to ensure that there is enough space in the kitchen. The machine can be dragged near the sink followed by connecting the hook-up to the faucet and then, setting the machine in motion.
- Dish Drawers: An ideal unit for nuclear families where there are not too many utensils to clean on a daily basis. Some Dish Drawers have a single drawer with others have double, so if you think the single drawer won’t be sufficient for you, then you can opt for a double drawer unit in which, both drawers work independently of each other.
- Countertop Dishwasher: This type of dishwasher resembles a lot with the portable type except the fact that it has a place on the counter close to the sink. If you connect the hook-up to the faucet, then you can use the dishwasher in normal mode.
Hardware And Operation
When buying a cleaning appliance, let it be a dishwasher, stackable washer dryer, front load washer or any other, you must check as to how the machine functions, what are the washing/cleaning modes given in the unit, the programs, and cycles because these things let you know about the versatility of the machine.
- Material: Dishwashers are made from two types of materials such as stainless steel and plastic. Where the former one is durable and long-lasting, the latter makes the dishwasher lightweight and easy to move. Stainless steel comes with the ability to resist stains and ward off the odors in a more efficient way. Steel tubs are proficient in working at higher temperature settings and encourage faster heat transfer compared to plastic. Stainless steel dishwashers may be a bit expensive initially, but in the long run, they will be highly economical as they are naturally energy efficient.
- Features: A branded dishwasher is equipped with many useful features that make cleaning of utensils a breeze. Those features include collapsible racks, removable racks, convertible racks, and adjustable shelves.
These allow you to customize your wash depending upon the type of utensils and other factors. Here is the list of different wash cycles that you will get in a quality dishwasher:
- Delayed Wash: For scheduling the dishwasher to clean utensils later.
- Rinse & Hold: For rinsing utensils and eliminating odor without using any detergent while the unit awaits full load.
- Only Rinse: For washing away leftovers.
- Quick Wash: For quick washing of slightly soiled utensils.
- Sanitize: For removing germs and bacteria from the utensils by washing them with hot water.
A dishwasher comprises of many smart features as well to ensure fast and efficient cleaning by consuming less power. You should check the following sensors in the dishwasher you are planning to buy.
- Soil Level Sensors: For determining the amount of dirt present on the dishes and adjusting wash cycles accordingly.
- Temperature Sensors: For maintaining the right temperature at the time of operation.
- Detergent Sensors: For releasing the right amount of detergent according to the load.
- Auto Restart: For starting the machine from the same point at which it was stopped due to a power outage.
- Washing Levels: For deciding the distribution of water jets during a cycle.
- Food Disposal & Filters: For filtering out the solid food particles from the plate to prevent the machine from clogging.
- Hard Water Chamber: For turning hard-water into soft, in order to make it suitable for washing utensils without using detergents in large quantities.
Buying a dishwasher is the only way you could save yourself from the daunting task of cleaning dirty dishes. Therefore, if you have gone through the reviews and paid attention to the factors that you need to keep in mind, then I don’t think if there is anything else you need to know about dishwashers.
The only thing left for you to do is buy one product of the five best dishwasher consumer reports that are given above that according to you is most suitable. Time to say goodbye to long, tiring hours of cleaning dishes, and welcome the most advanced dishwasher!