Best Pressure Washer Reviews Consumer Ratings & Reports
A clean house is a happy house, but it is not easy to keep a house clean. You will agree upon the fact that no matter how much time you spend on cleaning your house, there are many areas that can never be fully cleaned. However, this is going to change now, as a machine is available on the market that will efficiently clean even the most stubborn stains from any surface. That machine is called ‘pressure washer’, which comprises of a powerful motor, pump, and trigger to ensure that the water comes out with great pressure to blast away the grime from walls, floors, pools, patios, vehicles or any other surface. If you are interested in buying a pressure washer, then you better go through the consumer reports best pressure washer in which you will find reviews of six top products that are ruling the market right now.
Reviews Of 6 Best Pressure Washers Consumer Reports
1. Sun Joe SPX3000 Pressure Joe Electric Pressure Washer
Ideal for household tasks, Sun Joe electric pressure washer is a sturdy unit that is built from high-quality plastic components. The pressure washer sports a 14.5 amp motor, which is capable of generating 2030 PSI to ensure efficient cleaning. The water flows at the rate of 1.76 gallons per minute, which is good enough to clean walls, stubborn stains and hard to reach places
Features of Sun Joe SPX3000, the best electric pressure washer available on the market:
- Features Total Stop System (TSS), which shuts off the pump automatically when the spray gun is not engaged, thus saving energy and resulting in the machine’s longevity.
- Inclusion of dual detergent tanks makes it easier for you to clean surfaces with stubborn oil stains such as driveways.
- The unit comes with a 20-ft high-pressure hose, spray wand holder, a trigger gun and 35-ft power cord. You may not be needing an extension cord because the length of the power cord is sufficient.
- The inclusion of five Quick-Connect Spray nozzles provides you with extra control over the unit, so you can choose from gentle spray to intense jet depending upon the area and stains that you want to clean.
- Wheels are given at the base for easy maneuverability.
2. SIMPSON Cleaning MSH3125 MegaShot Gas Pressure Washer
If you are looking for a high-end machine that does any given task with perfection, then Simpson Gas Pressure Washer is the machine to go with. To know more about the unit, go through the below-mentioned features.
Features of Simpson Cleaning MSH3125 MegaShot Gas Pressure Washer:
- This gas pressure washer is powered by a Honda engine, which is known for its performance and reliability. Moreover, this efficient engine allows you to blast away grime from driveways, patios, and decks without putting much effort.
- This is also one of the best pressure washers for cars and garden equipment, which shows the versatility of the unit.
- The inclusion of an ergonomically designed spray gun along with a safety lockout feature adds to the comfort of the user.
- The welded steel construction of the unit doesn’t add to its weight, thus making it easy for you to move the machine over any terrain.
- The movement of the machine from one place to another is also easy, courtesy of 10-inch pneumatic wheels.
- The pressure washer comes with 5 quick-connect nozzles, abrasion resistant hose and a 5-year warranty on pump, engine, and frame.
3. Sun Joe SPX3001 Electric Pressure Washer
If you are planning to buy your first pressure washer, then you should definitely consider Sun Joe SPX3001 electric pressure washer simply because it lies on the lower end of the price range and has all the features that you needed in a pressure washer.
Features of Sun Joe SPX3001:
- The unit boasts 1800-watt motor, which gives enough power to the unit for blasting dirt away from pools, sideways, driveways and decks. At the same time, you can wash delicate items as well, such as lawn mowers, grills, and vehicles.
- Availability of 5 quick-connect sprays for washing different equipment with different speeds.
- You can quickly stow away the 20 ft., hose when the unit is not in use, courtesy of an onboard reel.
- The presence of a ‘Total Stop System’ shuts down the pump automatically while disengaging the trigger. As a result, the machine works longer and your electricity bills don’t give you cold sweats.
- The company offers a 2-year warranty on the product, so you can get in touch with the company in case of any issue with the machine.
4. SIMPSON Cleaning PS3228 PowerShot Gas Pressure Washer
Another top product by Simpson, but this one is strictly for large properties and heavy-duty cleaning jobs. The machine is equipped with stellar features that can ensure quick and flawless removal of the grime.
- The presence of Honda GX200 OHV commercial series engine makes this unit the best commercial pressure washer.
- For high water pressure, you will get an AAA industrial triplex plunger pump in this pressure washer. The pump features ‘PowerBoost Technology’, which adds to the overall power of the unit.
- Made up of welded steel frame, solid steel axle, and steel engine plate makes this machine sturdy, thus adding more years to its life.
- For easy maneuverability over different types of terrain, 10-inch pneumatic wheels have been added to the base of the machine.
- It features 5 quick connect nozzle tips, thus allowing you to clean different materials at different speeds.
- Another incredible feature of this pressure washer is the inclusion of a 25-ft MorFlex high-pressure hose, which is abrasion resistant.
5. Powerhouse International 3000 PSI 2.2 GPM Electric High Power- Pressure Washer
Living up to its name, Powerhouse International is a model that delivers excellent performance and doesn’t burn a hole in your pocket. Boasting the red-platinum finish, this beautiful pressure-washing unit is mounted on a 4-wheel system, thus making it easier to move from one place to another. This is a portable unit, as it weighs just 32 lbs, so storing it won’t cause any problem for you.
Features of Powerhouse International Electric Pressure Washer:
- The powerful and quiet motor of the unit can exert 3000 PSI with the water flowing at 2.2 GPM. In simple words, this is a powerful pressure washer, which has various applications.
- The machine comes with 5 quick-connect nozzles allowing you to clean different types of surfaces with different level of dirt and stains. The 5 nozzles are accompanied with a soft bristle brush, a rotating brush, and a foam sprayer.
- A portable unit, you can easily move on uneven terrain, courtesy of four durable wheels.
6. Mabay 3600PSI Gas Pressure Washer
When you want to search for the best gas pressure washer, then you will definitely come across Mabay gas pressure washer. Reason being, its elegant looks, and incredible performance. Let’s take a look at some other top features of the unit.
Features of Mabay Gas Pressure Washer:
- The unit incorporates a 7 HP 4-stroke OHV engine, which is the source of generating power for pressure washing.
- With a pressure of 3,600 PSI along with the water flow at 2.8 GPM, you can expect it to clean any kind of equipment and any cleaning job.
- The inclusion of 4 quick connect nozzles allow you to perform a wide range of cleaning jobs such as pools, boats and trucks, cars, garden and fences, tiles, terraces, walkways and driveways, and porch.
- For easy maneuverability, the company has added four heavy-duty pneumatic wheels, so tough terrains won’t be a problem for this machine.
- You will also get a 7.5-meter flexible hose, which allows you to move the machine anywhere at the time of operation.
- With this machine, you will also get a metal extension lance, high-pressure gun, detergent can and a cleaning needle. For easy setup, a user manual is also provided, which you can go through to quickly begin with the washing.
Electric or Gas-powered Pressure Washers
Pressure washers operate on either gas or electrical power. The type of pressure washer you want to buy depends on how and where you want to use it.
Gas Powered Pressure Washers
This type of pressure washer is perfect for those who have a medium to a large property. These are powerful units come with <4000 PSI, which is a lot higher than the PSI of electric pressure washers. Therefore, gas operated units can be used to clean large areas of the house, outdoor areas such as patios, driveways, tractors, boats, riding mowers, and other vehicles.
When it comes to portability, even then, these units fare a lot better than other types of pressure washers. Despite being portable, gas operated pressure washers are heavy and bulky, but the inclusion of wheels at the base makes easier for users to move these units. Talking about the downsides of gas-operated pressure washers, then those are; requirement of a variety of oil and fuel, constant refueling and emissions of gases into the air.
Electric Pressure Washers
An electric pressure washer will do the job if your house is not that big. Electric pressure washers are compact in size, and their operation is quieter than gas operated pressure washers. If you want to clean your patio, driveway, backyard pellet grill or your vehicle, then an electric pressure washer will be of great help. Moreover, this type of pressure washer won’t cost you at the beginning nor at the time of maintenance, thus proving to be a worthy investment.
When it comes to efficiency, electric pressure washers are second to none because they carry out the required job perfectly and without consuming much water. Along with that, these units are environmentally friendly because they don’t emit any harmful gases into the air.
However, there is a downside of electric pressure washers, i.e., these machines are not as powerful as gas-powered pressure washers, plus they will always need a power outlet to operate. The use of an extension cord becomes necessary, which poses a huge safety threat to you as well as the people standing close to you.
How To Choose The Best Pressure Washer
When searching for the best pressure washer, you need to pay attention to three specifications because those will help you determine the overall cleaning performance of the machine.
PSI (Pounds Per Square Inch): This term refers to the generation of the outward water pressure by the machine. The higher the number of PSI, the more power you will get to clean away the dirt and debris. A pressure washer made for residential purposes has PSI of 500 to 4000 whereas that of commercial purposes goes up to 7000 PSI or more.
GPM (Gallons Per Minute): This refers to the amount of water flow that is directed from the machine into the spray gun or the trigger per minute. Usually, the range of GPM varies from 1 gallon to 4 gallons per minute for residential use whereas the GPM goes to 10 gallons per minute and more for commercial applications.
Nozzles: All water pressure units feature a trigger or spray gun along with a wand that you can use to clean hard to reach places in the premises. Some pressure washers come with different types of nozzles that you can use to control the angle and direction of the water spray and to release the detergent.
Pressure washers are divided into two types, which are gas and electric pressure washers, and I have reviewed both types of products in the reviews above. Now, it is up to you to decide as to which pressure washers are most suitable for you. Where electric pressure washers are more suited for residential purposes, gas-powered pressure washers find their applications in commercial settings. If you still have doubts, then it is better to take a look at the consumer reports best pressure washer consisting of six powerful products. You will only be able to find the best product when you are clear in your head.
Last Updated on June 16, 2022