Best Whirlpool Tubs Consumer Reports: Reviews Of Top 5 Rated
A whirlpool tub is a great addition to your bathroom, as it will transform the way you bath. If you don’t know what a whirlpool tub is, then it is a self-contained, jetted tub, which you can use to relax your tired muscles. If you are planning to have a whirlpool tub in your bathroom, then this is the right time to get one, as there are plenty of options available on the market.
However, it is not going to be that easy zeroing in on the right whirlpool tub, so what you can do is, you can run down my list of five best whirlpool tubs consumer reports in which I’ve handpicked top whirlpool tubs that are being used by the majority of users. Just go through the list and take your pick.
Five Best Whirlpool Tubs Reviews By Consumer Reports
1. American Standard 7236V002.020 Evolution Whirlpool Bathtub
American Standard is a household name when it comes to bathtubs, as the company manufactures high-quality tubs for the convenience of its customers. If you are looking to have a soothing bathing experience, then you can invest in this incredible bathtub.
It is a big tub having dimensions of 72 x 36 x 21.5 inches, plus it comes with a built-in armrest and backrest. When it comes to comfort, the bathtub will not disappoint you, as it is a deep soaking tub, which relaxes muscles in a much better way, as compared to normal tubs.
As far as the construction of the tub goes, you will find a thick layer of acrylic with fiberglass support, which makes the tub durable as well as luxurious.
The bathtub can support up to 60 gallons of water. The bottom of the tub is pre-leveled, and you can install an under mount if you want.
Like every other product, this whirlpool tub has a couple of drawbacks as well, such as the absence of drain and the large size of the tub. Though, you can buy a drain separately, but what are you going to do about the size, if your bathroom is small. So, only buy this tub, if you think it can fit easily into your bathroom.
2. WOODBRIDGE B-0030/BTS1606 67″ x 32″ Whirlpool Tub
American Standard gets a tough competition for the race of top bathtub manufacturing brand by Woodbridge. The Woodbridge whirlpool tub in the discussion is crafted beautifully. From the ergonomic shape of the tub or the inclusion of 20 jets, everything in this bathtub is added to provide comfort to the user. The 20 jets it has is divided into 10 jets each of whirlpool water jets and air massage jets.
Installing this bathtub is not difficult at all, thanks to its freestanding design, and once you install the tub, you can enjoy the incredible massage power to relax your body. You can further enhance the ambiance by turning on the built-in underwater mood lamp. The only drawback of the unit is the absence of a tub filler, so you will have to get it separately.
3. American Standard 2771VC.020 Evolution Whirlpool Bathtub
The inclusion of this bathtub proves how good American Standard is as a bathtub manufacturer. In the market of drop-in whirlpool tubs, American Standard Evolution will rank at the top, courtesy of its good length, i.e., 6 feet and a set of incredible features.
If your bathroom can support a big bathtub, then you should definitely consider American Standard Evolution, as it has got everything you would require as a user. A large tub, amazing features to relax and massage your body.
With eight customizable water jets, you can enjoy an incredible spa-like massage experience in the comfort of your own bathroom. Eight adjustable water jets divided into 6 flow adjustable jets and 2 flow adjustable Hi-Flo jets.
While there are many amazing features in this whirlpool tub, but the one that will surprise you is the capacity of the tub, i.e., 87 gallons. The company has added dual-molded-in armrests in the bathtub to add to the comfort of the user.
Not many bathtubs come with armrests, which shows that American Standard has paid attention to minute details while designing this bathtub. The only shortcoming of this bathtub is the absence of ‘deep soak system’, so you will have to buy it separately.
4. WOODBRIDGE B-0034/BTS1611 Freestanding Whirlpool Bathtub
The quest to the best whirlpool tub involves a tough fight between American Standard and Woodbridge. If you look at Woodbridge B-0034/BTS1611 Whirlpool bathtub, you will see a beautifully designed freestanding bathtub having 20 adjustable bath jets, which are divided into 10 whirlpool bubble bath jets and 10 adjustable body massage jets.
The sole motive of this bathtub is to provide a comfortable and refreshing bath to the user. If you like to have a hot water bath, then this is an ideal bathtub for that, as it retains heat in a much better way just like hot water tubs, courtesy of two layers of acrylic. The drainage system of this bathtub is very efficient and smartly placed.
Despite being a big whirlpool tub, you can easily move and install it. The bathtub has no drawbacks as such, but in case, you come across any issue, you can get in touch with the company’s customer service, which is extremely professional and empathizing.
5. ARIEL Platinum AM128JDCLZ Whirlpool Bathtub
It’s not just American Standard and Woodbridge, which are manufacturing whirlpool bathtubs, but there are many other companies that you will find selling quality whirlpool tubs.
Ariel is one of the brands whose name is taken with respect because it has been manufacturing elegant and reliable whirlpool bathtubs. The one I’m discussing is no different, as it blends perfectly with most bathroom décors.
Moreover, you can install the tub on your own because of its lightweight and simple attachments. If you want to enjoy a relaxing bathing experience with your partner, then you should consider Ariel Platinum whirlpool bathtub because of the big size of the tub.
The inclusion of multi-directional water jets in the tub encourages therapeutic massage. The jets are smartly placed in the tub to focus on the pressure points of the body effectively. If you want, you can customize the flow of water as well.
The company has included some great additional features in the tub as well, such as Bluetooth connectivity, FM radio and quality speakers, so you can listen to your favorite music while enjoying a great bath.
The only thing that could worry you is the installation instructions, which are not at all helpful.
Types Of Whirlpool Bathtubs
Whirlpool bathtubs provide a great therapeutic experience by making use of water jets, air jets or the combination of both.
Water Jet Bathtubs: If your whirlpool bathtub consists of water jets, then you will find the water being recirculated through these jets. Being less in number, these jets are comparatively large than air jets. You can adjust the position of jets to target different pressure points of your body.
Air Jet Bathtubs: These bathtubs make use of small jets of air to circulate bubbles in the water. Unlike water jets, air jets are smaller in size and larger in numbers. However, you can adjust the position of these jets as well.
Water + Air Water Jets Bathtubs: Many whirlpool bathtubs incorporate both types of jets using which you can enjoy the air, water or both types of therapies at a time.
Features To Consider When Buying A Whirlpool Bathtub
- Design: Whirlpool bathtubs are available in different designs, such as Alcove, Freestanding, Drop-in, Corner, and Walk-in tubs. You can easily see whirlpool bathtubs sporting all these designs, so what you’re going to do is, choose the design that you think will be easily installed in your bathroom.
- Inline Heater: You must check whether the bathtub comes with an inline heater or not because whirlpool bathtubs use gallons of water, which makes it difficult for a water heater to keep the water hot. Moreover, as you add air bubbles through the water, the temperature of the water goes down more quickly. Therefore, an inline heater will keep the water hot for a long duration of time.
- Grab Bars: These have nothing to do with bathing, but having grab bars will keep you safe as you enter and exit the bathtub. If you or someone in your family has mobility issues, then grab bars become of huge importance.
- Contoured Seats & Armrests: These can come in very handy when you are looking to soak for a long period of time because they will provide maximum comfort to you, as you enjoy bathing in the whirlpool bathtub.
- Number Of Jets & Their Placement: The main reason for the popularity of whirlpool tubs is the jets that are installed in the tubs. Currently, whirlpool tubs incorporate air jets, water jets or the combination of both. You need to check the number of jets given in the tub along with their placement. Moreover, if those jets are adjustable, then that will add to your comfort.
- Weight: This is a variable parameter, but whirlpool tubs can be as heavy as 1,500 lbs. You need to check whether the floor of your bathroom is capable of handling such a heavy tub or not. If you think that your bathroom tiles could chip or crack, then opt for a lighter tub. Get assisted by experts if necessary.
- Size/Available Space: Before buying a whirlpool bathtub, carefully measure the space available in the bathroom for the same. Whirlpool tubs are available in different shapes such as rectangle, oval, triangle and hourglass, so select the one that you think would perfectly fit the space, which you have allocated for the tub.
- Setup: If you have experience in plumbing, then you can install the whirlpool bathtub on your own. However, if you don’t know anything about plumbing, then call an experienced plumber to install the bathtub perfectly.
- Materials: Whirlpool bathtubs are made using different materials such as acrylic, cast iron, and fiberglass. Where acrylic keeps the weight of the tub low and adds a glossy finish, cast iron tubs will be heavy and durable. Lastly, fiberglass bathtubs are lightweight like acrylic tubs, but lack durability. Now, let’s discuss the drawbacks of each material; acrylic bathtubs are prone to scratches and discoloring. Whereas cast iron bathtubs invite rust over time. Lastly, fiberglass bathtubs are not as durable as the other two materials.
- Adjustability: Look for a whirlpool bathtub that comes with adjustable jet speeds and temperature controls because having these features allow you to have a better bathing experience.
With so many things to consider, it is not going to be easy deciding on the best whirlpool tub. Therefore, what you can do is, you can outline the features, which you would like to have in your whirlpool tub.
Doing that will narrow down your choices, hence making it easier for you to pick the best whirlpool tubs. Just go through the best whirlpool tubs consumer reports to get an idea about the top products that are currently being sold in the market and what they have in the offing.