Kegerator Reviews Consumer Reports Best Picks 2022
Beer is one of the most widely consumed beverages in the world. You will find thousands of people who keep their fridge stocked with beer bottles all the time. They don’t want to run out of their favorite beverage for even a single day. While a refrigerator is good for keeping things cool, but it can’t be used for storing only beer bottles. Like how wine fridges are used for keeping the wine bottles icy cool, an appliance needs to be there for beer as well. Fortunately, there is one and it is called ‘Kegerator’. If you were looking for a kegerator for all these years, then your ends here, as you can take a look at six of the best kegerators that are available on the market along with other details regarding this product in the most reliable kegerator reviews consumer reports.
Reviews Of 6 Best kegerators Consumer Ratings & Reports
1. EdgeStar KC2000 Full-Size Kegerator and Keg Beer Cooler
Who doesn’t like an icy cold beer? If you too like the taste of an ice-cold beer, then you have plenty of options to have it that way, but one of the most economical ways to get a cold beer at will is by storing them in EdgeStar KC2000. In many EdgeStar kegerator reviews, this kegerator has gained the maximum points for efficiency and durability. This kegerator can easily hold up to ½ barrel of kegs. The kegerator has a wide temperature, which begins from 30 degrees Fahrenheit and goes down to -40 degrees Fahrenheit, so getting a chilled bottle of beer won’t be a problem from now on.
Not only this kegerator is a highly efficient unit, but it is aesthetically appealing as well. Despite the fact that it is designed for stationary, freestanding use, you can use it otherwise as well, thanks to the casters, which are included in the package. The unit features a drip tray, which can be used to catch spills and other mess in order to ensure that the main unit remains clean. This kegerator is definitely the best bang for your buck, so you must consider it while making your final decision.
2. Kegco HBK309S-2 Keg Dispenser
If you are a homebrewer, then you will definitely be excited to see this keg dispenser. It is a full-size digital homebrew kegerator, which besides a highly efficient unit is extremely stylish. The unit features a tray and casters, which will make things a lot easier for you, as the tray will catch all the spills and the casters will help you move the kegerator easily.
All the features and functions can be accessed digitally, which adds a lot of convenience while using the unit. Then, there is a guardrail, which adds to the safety of the unit. The kegerator has the capacity to hold up to a 6-gallon bucket. If you are looking for a real deal, then you got to put your money on this product.
3. EdgeStar KC2000SSTWIN Full Size Stainless Steel Dual Tap Kegerator
This is another top product by EdgeStar. Being a dual-tap model, it is going to be a bit pricier than single-tap models, but then, you are able to pour down more beer at a time. The kegerator is designed using a stainless steel frame, which adds to the durability of the unit.
With the lower temperature range in -30 degrees Fahrenheit, you can expect your beer to cool in a short time and for a long period. The unit can easily accommodate 1/6 size of kegs, which is equivalent to two ‘Cornelius homebrew kegs’ that easily hold up to 40 pints each.
4. Kegco K309SS-2 Kegerator
Kegco is another reputed brand, which manufactures top-class Kegerator. Kegco K309SS-2 is perfectly placed at the center of the price scale. A freestanding unit, you can hold a full barrel keg in it including Miller and Coors kegs despite being considered as the widest of kegs. This is also a dual-tap model, which makes it more efficient than single-tap models. The inclusion of a guardrail prevents the glasses from sliding off the unit.
The overall construction of the kegerator emanates quality, thanks to the stainless steel construction. Moving this fridge is anything but arduous, thanks to the smooth and sturdy wheels. Changing the settings of the kegerator is easy too, thanks to the digital temperature display. You can set the temperature as low as 32 degrees. The inclusion of ‘deep chill’ function allows faster cooling of the keg because, in this setting, the fans run for up to 24 hours.
5. Atosa Kegerator Beer Dispenser With 2 Tap Towers
If you are searching for a commercial kegerator, then Atosa MKC58 will not disappoint you. It comes with 17.3 cu. ft., of storage, and even then, it won’t consume as much energy as you would expect from a kegerator of this size. The inclusion of a variable compressor system allows the unit to consume up to 40 percent less energy than the same sized kegerators of other brands.
It’s not just the low power consumption, which makes the unit so great, but low noise and vibration level too. Another notable feature of the unit is how easily you can move it despite having a weight of 200 lbs. The company has used R290 refrigerant, which doesn’t pollute the environment by emitting CFC. Other top features of the unit include aesthetically appealing interior LED lights and self-closing locking doors
6. Insignia 1-Tap Beverage Cooler Kegerator
Insignia 1-Tap Kegerator is a high-quality unit, which you can get at a very affordable price. With a capacity of 5.6 cu. ft., you can comfortably hold a ½ keg or ¼ slim keg. The temperature range of the unit goes from 32 degrees Fahrenheit all the way up to 45 degrees Fahrenheit. Get this kegerator if you want to add a professional touch to your home bar.
The reversible stainless-steel door adds a stylish look to the unit and makes it a lot more versatile as well. This kegerator also allows you to keep the beer at the temperature of your choice, thanks to its adjustable thermostat.
What Is A Kegerator?
A kegerator is a combination of keg-holder and a refrigerator with a tap on top (sometimes two). The purpose behind manufacturing the kegerator is to keep the beer chilled and letting the users pour as much beer as they like. If you are a beer lover, then you must have a kegerator, as it helps you save money on buying beer bottles, as you can buy kegs, which are a lot cheaper. You don’t have to get into the tiring job of home brewing. Moreover, you can get access to draft beer on-demand.
Six Types Of Kegerators:
Kegerators come in different sizes and with a different set of features. If you are looking to buy a kegerator, then you must understand as to how many types are present on the market and what does each type offers.
- Freestanding Kegerator – This type started the home kegging revolution. If you like the taste of freshly brewed beer from the keg without investing too much into the process, then this type of kegerator is ideal for you. A portable unit, you can move it easily, plus you’ll find that the chilling mechanism in the unit is installed inside the unit rather than outside.
- Commercial Kegerator – As the name suggests, this is a commercial unit, having the ability to hold around 5 full keg barrels. Then, there are multiple taps and bar accessories for fast and convenient pouring. These fridges are designed using commercial-grade steel and incorporate all the necessary security measures.
- Built-in Kegerator – It looks like a freestanding kegerator, but it has built-in cabinets, something that you would see in the kegerators that are used in the bars. However, these are not as portable and affordable as freestanding units, but then, their additional features make up for it.
- Mini Kegerators – Also known as countertop or tabletop units, these are great for those who need small beer pouring. The smaller size and pouring also means lesser price and more convenience.
- Outdoor Kegerators – If you like the idea of having a beer with your friends in the outdoors, then that can be fulfilled by an outdoor kegerator. A specially designed unit for damp environments, you can keep it on terrace, patio, pergola or any other damp area where you intend to sit and enjoy with your family or friends. Just imagine, sitting on the best patio furniture and close to patio heater and enjoying an icy cold beer with your friends. Isn’t this excite you? I’m sure it is. Moreover, the kegerator has rust-resistant exteriors that won’t let anything happen to it, plus the quality stainless steel construction makes it durable.
- Undercounter Kegerator – This type of kegerator is the same as that of the built-in kegerator except that it is more mobile. You can keep it under the kitchen counter. Some of these models are non-movable while others feature wheels, which allow easy movement of the units.
Things To Keep In Mind When Buying A Beer Kegerator
Buying a kegerator is a big decision because after all, you will be investing hundreds of dollars, so you don’t want things to go wrong at all. Pay attention to the below-mentioned factors before putting your money in an expensive product like ‘kegerator’.
Size – Since kegerators come in different shapes and sizes, you need to identify the kegerator that suits your requirements the best. The majority of models are around 15-24 inches in diameter, so you need to decide whether you want to buy a kegerator for your home bar or as a tabletop unit.
Consumption – The size factor depends a lot on the consumption of the beer. If you a regular drinker and your capacity are also on the higher side, then you would probably need a big model, which can keep up to 5 gallons of kegs. If the beer consumption is less, then a mini kegerator would do the job for you.
Portability – Some kegerators are portable while others are not. If you are investing in a large-sized model, then it won’t be portable whereas standalone models are small and have wheels for easy maneuverability.
Maintenance – Kegerator is a complex electronic unit, which uses compressor technology to cool down your beer kegs. Such a machine requires some maintenance and upkeep. So, you need to keep in mind that the unit you’re investing in doesn’t have high upkeep or else, it will burn a big hole in your pocket.
A kegerator is a perfect appliance for beer drinkers because it allows them to enjoy large quantities of beer in the most economical way. However, the decision of buying a kegerator is not that easy, as it involves paying attention to several aspects. Go through kegerator reviews consumer reports consisting of six most amazing products along with buying guide before making your final decision.
Last Updated on March 11, 2022