How Pool Cleaner Reviews Consumer Reports Help Find The Best Product
Taking a dip in a swimming pool is always a refreshing and rejuvenating experience. When it comes to swimming, you can choose from a number of options.
You can either go the community swimming pools or install swimming pools in your house. In both cases, you will have to pay attention to one crucial aspect, i.e., swimming pool cleaning.
It is extremely important to swim in a clean and tidy pool because only clean and odorless water will provide the desired benefits to your body.
There are different types of pool cleaners available in the world today, so if who want to make sure that their pools remain clean and safe for swimming, then go through pool cleaner reviews consumer reports.
Pool cleaners are supposed to clean the swimming pools, but there are certain pool cleaners that are not good for humans, as they make use of certain chemicals that can cause severe health problems.
Therefore, you need to pay attention to the ability of the pool cleaner to clean the pool without affecting the health of the ones who swim in it.
Below-mentioned five products have those capabilities, so keep reading to find more:
Top 5 Best Pool Cleaner Reviews
1. Xtreme Power US Automatic Pool Cleaner Vacuum-generic Kreepy Krauly Climb Wall Pool Cleaner
For cleaning of the in-ground swimming pools, there is no better machine than Xtreme Power US Automatic Pool Cleaner.
I’m not saying, but the majority of the automatic pool cleaner reviews has mentioned it.
- This pool cleaner can clean any pool regardless of what size, shape, and design it has.
- Moreover, it doesn’t require any tools to get the job done, as it has got it all.
- The pool cleaner needs a ¾ HP or 1600 GHP pump to operate properly.
- The pool cleaner can easily attach to the existing filtration system of the users.
- It runs on the battery and therefore, there is no use of electricity.
- This pool cleaner is ideal for swimming pools having the size of around 16 inches by 32 inches.
2. Water Tech Pool Blaster Catfish Swimming Pool and Spa Cleaner
This is one of the best above ground pool cleaners that can also be used to clean spas. There are many reasons that make it so popular, but I think it’s the ease of use that makes this product so attractive.
- You don’t require a hose or any cord to use this device, plus the light weight of the product makes it easy for you to carry it anywhere.
- It is proficient in removing all the debris, sand, algae and leaves. The filter bag that is used in the product is reusable.
- Moreover, there are no additional pumps or hoses included in the cleaner, which ensures less mess.
- The pool cleaner has a rechargeable battery, so you can easily charge it and use it again. This is one of the best pool vacuum cleaners available in the market today.
3. Zodiac Baracuda Advanced Suction Side Automatic Pool Cleaner
Want to clean up a swimming pool quickly? Then, you need to have this pool cleaner because it is noise-free and cleans all the harmful elements present in the swimming pool in a comprehensive way.
- The pool cleaner works perfectly with low-speed filter pumps and delivers the maximum performance.
- The installation process of this product is quite simple.
- To get rid of small and medium-sized debris from the walls and steps of the swimming pool, this pool cleaner is used.
- The cleaner comes with a wheel deflector that makes it easier for the cleaner to reach places that is hard to reach. There is no doubt that this is one of the best automatic pool cleaners.
- This swimming pool cleaner accompanies a FlowKeeper that helps regulate the flow of water. This also ensures high performance irrespective of what the power of the pump is.
- This amazing pool cleaner is incorporated with single moving part technology, which has a highly durable diaphragm that works for a long-long time.
- Maintaining this product is also quite easy, as it has got a quick-release cassette.
- The scuff-resistant hoses make sure that all the scuffs are removed efficiently.
4. Polaris Vac-Sweep 280 Pressure Side Pool Cleaner
The cleaning process by this pool cleaner takes place with the help of high pressure. This swimming pool cleaner works in all types of in-ground swimming pools.
- The work is carried out using a Polaris booster pump.
- Moreover, a 1.5-inch pressure cleaner line is available with the product that can be connected anytime for a comprehensive cleaning.
- Users will also get a 30-foot hose for better cleaning.
- You get a backup valve with this pool cleaner that automatically fires, thus resulting in the cleaning of the entire pool surface.
- This cleaner despite being lightweight is quite powerful, so if you are connecting a water hose, then make sure it is strong enough because if it is not, then it may tangle or flip the cleaner during the cleaning process.
5. Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus Automatic Robotic Pool Cleaner
If you have an in-ground pool at home and looking for a device that could clean it quickly and efficiently, then you need to get this robotic pool cleaner by Dolphin. Sporting an elegant style and incredible features, this pool cleaner is going to help you clean your swimming pool without you getting involved in the process. Let’s delve into details of the product in order to have a better clarity as to how this pool cleaner fares.
- Equipped with a couple of powerful brushes, this pool cleaner is going to clean even the most stubborn dirt particles from the pool. Those dirt particles are then transferred to the filter of the cleaner to be disposed of into the trash can.
- The pool cleaner doesn’t consume much energy, thus being lighter on your pocket.
- You will fall in love with the design of the product, especially the swivel cable, which ensures that the cable doesn’t tangle when you are using the cleaner. You can rotate it to 360 degrees without worrying about being trapped in the cables.
- The inclusion of ‘CleverClean’ software in the pool cleaner lets the machine know as to which part of the floor needs cleaning. This smart unit works using its own intelligence, so don’t bother much about its functioning.
Types Of Pool Cleaners
With so many pool cleaners available on the market and each having a different shape and design, you may feel that they all possess a unique technology and set of functionality.
However, when it comes to the main types of pool cleaners, then there are only three types that you will see in the market, which are as follows:
These can be attached to a suction port on your swimming pool, which could be a dedicated vacuum line or a pool skimmer.
You shouldn’t attach this cleaner to the main drain suction port because it will be hard to connect and remove.
To vacuum the pool and motion, the cleaner makes use of the pool filter pumps suction. This is done by pulsing the water or interrupting the water flow for a brief period of time. With that, the cleaner jumps and moves forward.
Pressure Pool Cleaners
These cleaners are attached to the return port on the swimming pool, which could be a dedicated cleaner line or pool return.
In the market, there are two types of pressure pool cleaners, which are; filter pump powered cleaner and booster pump powered cleaner.
Despite being higher on power consumption, these cleaners will clean up the pool rather efficiently and quickly.
Robotic Pool Cleaners
These cleaners don’t need to be attached to the pool circulation system, thus making them truly independent of the swimming pool filter and pump system.
The operating voltage of these cleaners is also low, i.e., around 24 volts and if you opt for newer models, then you will find jet-propelled system in the cleaners in which only a single pump motor will perform both, movement and vacuuming.
Benefits Of Using Swimming Pool Cleaners
1. The swimming pool cleaners will help filter your pool on a daily basis.
2. The swimming pool cleaners are going to make sure that the water in the swimming pool remains clean and safe. As they say, ‘prevention is better than cure’, so swimming pool cleaners are going to protect the pools against any contamination.
3. The swimming pool cleaners are not expensive, so anyone can buy them. Moreover, they offer a much affordable way of getting the swimming pools cleaned compared to manual pool cleaning carried out by the professionals.
We have discussed the best swimming pool cleaners in this post. The main motive of pool cleaner reviews is to make people aware of the most popular products that are available in the market.
With a plethora of pool cleaners available on the market, it is going to be a tough task to find the most appropriate pool cleaner.
However, reading the pool cleaner reviews consumer reports will help you make a better decision, as the products discussed in the aforementioned reviews have been tried and tested by several users, thus making it easier for you to take the right decision.