Reviews Of Best Bed Sheets Consumer Ratings & Reports
To secret to sound sleep lies in a comfortable bed. A comfortable bed comprises of three main ingredients that are; a mattress, pillows, and bedsheet. When it comes to beds, there are three main ingredients that we all need to take into consideration, which are, the mattress, pillows, and bedsheets. While we all spend a good amount of money on buying the best mattresses and the most comfortable pillows, but we don’t pay much heed to the mattress, which is where we miss the trick.
If you are not being able to get a good sleep despite having the best mattress and pillows, then you should probably look into the bedsheets because maybe the bedsheet you have laid on the bed isn’t soft and comfortable. If you want to get the best bedsheet for your bed, then you must pay attention to the best bed sheets consumer reports in which I have identified the top-selling bedsheets that are also made up of the most comfortable materials that are available in the world today.
Reviews Of 5 Best Bed Sheets Consumer Ratings & Reports
1. Mellanni Bed Sheet Set - Brushed Microfiber (Best Sheet Sets Reviews Consumer Reports)
If the aforementioned bedsheet was for the winters, then don’t worry, this bedsheet by Mellanni is for the summer season. These sheets are way too thin, which is why it is used only during summers. If you are looking to have a super fine bedsheet, then this bedsheet will do the job because of the thin fibers used to manufacture the bedsheet. The breathable fiber allows the air to circulate through the sheet, which also helps remove the heat and moisture. If you don’t like sleeping in an AC room, then this microfiber sheet will prove to be very beneficial. If you live in an area where it remains hot for the majority of the year and want a beautiful looking bedsheet that is cheap as well, then Mellanni bedsheet set would do the trick for you.
2. Pinzon Signature 190-Gram Cotton Heavyweight Velvet Flannel Sheet Set
Pinzon has created the best flannel bedsheet in my opinion. However, this bedsheet can’t be used in the summer season, so the use of this bedsheet is only confined to winter season or if you want to keep the thermostat down to 70 degrees and below. These are thick bedsheets, so you are going to feel as if you’re sleeping on something heavy, but that doesn’t mean you are going to suffocate lying on the bedsheet. This bedsheet is breathable, so you will feel a certain warmth while lying on the bed with this bedsheet laid on it, but it won’t get too hot to make it uncomfortable for you. The depth of the pocket of this bedsheet is 17 inches, which is quite deep regardless of the mattress it is being laid on. If you are looking to have a heavy feeling bedsheet that is comfortable as well, then you can definitely go for Pinzon Signature 190-Gram Cotton Heavyweight Velvet Flannel Sheet Set.
3. Thread Spread True Luxury 1000-Thread-Count Egyptian Cotton Bed Sheets
When your aim is to find a bedsheet that is an embodiment of elegance combined with comfortability, then you can simply opt for this incredible bedsheet by Thread Spread. The inspiration behind this bedsheet has been taken from the Thread Spread archive dating back to 1920s when the artists made Crisp Cotton Sateen. This bedsheet includes a single flat sheet along with two pillowcases.
In the bedsheet pack, you will see a 4-piece sheet set, Queen size, which are extremely delicate and takes you back in time. The bedsheet comprises a top and bottom sheet along with a couple of pillowcases. You can lay this bedsheet on your bed and enjoy the comfort that it has in the offing. The reason behind its comfortability lies in the material, which primarily is lightweight cotton, crisp cotton percale, and lustrous cotton sateen.
The bedsheet comes in an assortment of colors, so you can pick your favorite color. The bedsheet is woven using 100 percent combed compact yarn, which is the cutting-edge spinning technology that is way better than other combed process because it removes impurities from the fiber. The fiber used in the bedsheet keeps it cool and breathable even during in hot weather conditions. The increased air circulation through the sheet throws the heat and moisture away. The only drawback of this bedsheet is that the twin and full sizes of the bedsheet are not available.
4. Mayfair Linen 100% Egyptian Cotton Bedsheets - Best Egyptian Cotton Sheets Consumer Reports
Mayfair Linen is a company that specialized in manufacturing opulent and soft cotton sheets. Finest Egyptian cotton yarns have been used to weave this sheet set, which not just gives an elegant look to the sheet, but also make the sheets soft and breathable. The fiber used in the bedsheet allows air to circulate through the sheet, thus taking away the heat and moisture off the surface. The use of 100% Egyptian cotton not just makes the bedsheet soft, but also makes it durable and strong, so that you can use it for a long time. If you are looking to buy a bedsheet that feels soft and comfortable, but at the same time looks elegant as well, then you can buy this Mayfair Linen bedsheet. It will truly enhance the beauty of your bedroom.
5. Cariloha Resort Bamboo Sheets - Best Bamboo Sheets Consumer Reports
If you thought that Egyptian cotton was the softest and most comfortable material in bedsheets, then I would like to tell you that Bamboo sheets are at par with the Egyptian cotton, if not ahead. Cariloha bamboo sheets may not be as thick as the Egyptian cotton sheets, but they surely serve the purpose for which they were laid on the bed in the most amazing way. These sheets are soft, comfortable and durable, three characteristics that we all look for in bedsheets, don’t we. The company advertises the bedsheet set as the softest sheets ever, which is exactly how it feels. The bedsheet has ultra-deep pockets that are 18 inches deep, and it fits perfectly on the pillow-top. Even the pillow covers that accompany the bedsheet are soft, so you can expect an overall comfort with this bedsheet set.
Different Types Of Fabrics
Bedsheets are made from a wide range of fabrics, and each fabric has got a unique set of properties that some users will like while others won’t. Your job is to find a bedsheet that you feel is comfortable. Here are the most popular fabrics that you will see bedsheets being made of these days:
Cotton: Arguably the most popular fabric that is used to make bedsheets. The reason why cotton is so used in large quantities is that they don’t wrinkle as much as other fabrics. Moreover, cotton is readily available, so using this fabric is economical for the manufacturers and end users. There are five types of cotton you’ll see on the market. These are:
- Egyptian Cotton: This is highly luxurious cotton that is used in premium bedsheets. You will find Egyptian cotton being used in elegant and durable bedsheets.
- Organic Cotton: From the name, it is clear that this cotton is used without adding any synthetic fertilizers and pesticides. If you are looking for an eco-friendly fabric, then you should go for organic cotton bedsheets.
- 100% Cotton: Many companies are promoting their bedsheets in this way. However, in reality, the product that is made of 100% cotton is actually a non-premium type of cotton.
- Pima Or Supima Cotton: This is high-quality cotton that is primarily grown in the American continent.
- Sea Island Cotton: This is also an area specific cotton that grows in the Caribbean and a few US states such as Georgia, North Carolina, and South Carolina. This type of cotton is white and quite silky, which is why it has been deemed the best cotton fabric in the world.
Bamboo: This is one of the fastest emerging fabrics, which mainly grows in Asia. Bamboo is an eco-friendly material as there is no use of any pesticides and synthetic fertilizers in growing the bamboos or while processing. Many mattresses, side sleeper pillows, and bedsheets are manufactured using the bamboo blend, which means, bamboo is mixed with cotton to make sheets soft, breathable and easy to maintain.
Modal: This material has been derived from beech pulp and is mixed with cotton to provide soft and durable bedsheets.
Silk: Silk, as we all know, is a material produced by silkworm and it was first discovered in China. While silk could be a pretty useful material to manufacture winter bedsheets, but you won’t like to sleep on silk bedsheet during summer because silk sheets are not as breathable as cotton.
Linen: Bedsheets made of linen can be used during the summer season. However, you need to take extra care of this fabric in order to keep using it for a long period of time.
Synthetics: A number of bedsheet manufacturers make use of synthetic materials such as polyester, rayon, and acrylic. These materials may help weave a durable bedsheet, but these materials aren’t breathable. These materials also have a problem called ‘pilling’, which cause irritation to the skin.
How To Clean & Take Care Of Bedsheets?
If you have bought a soft, comfortable and durable bedsheet for your bed, then it is your responsibility to clean and take care of it. It is not a difficult task to clean and maintain a bedsheet, but there are some specific points that you need to keep in mind:
- Watch The Temperature: The majority of bedsheets are machine washed in cold water. So, don’t soak the bedsheets in hot water and also refrain from drying the sheets in a dryer, as that would age the fabric. The color will become faded and the sheet will wear a lot faster.
- Adding Detergent To The Water: Once the washing machine is filled with water, you need to add the detergent and ensure that the detergent is fully dissolved in the water so as to avoid any undiluted soap from sticking on the sheets and staining them.
- Be Careful While Using Bleach: If you have a habit of bleaching your laundry, then stop doing it from now, as those will break the fabrics of the sheets. Just use regular detergent and your bedsheets will become shiny again.
- Change Bedsheets Every Week: You should take off the old sheets and lay down new ones every week in order to prolong their life and to protect your health because a bedsheet that you’ve slept on for last seven days is filled with dust, body hair and whatnots.
- Avoiding Wrinkles: To avoid wrinkles in the cotton sheets, you need to take them out of the washing machine and yank it before hanging the sheets on the ropes to dry. You may see a few wrinkles, so if you want to remove those, then you can throw a damp washcloth or a sock in the dryer with the wrinkled sheets for around 10 minutes to fix the wrinkle problem.
Buying a bedsheet may look easy, but in reality, it isn’t. There are many factors to consider. One of the most crucial factors is the type of fabric that the bedsheet is made of. I have discussed five best bed sheets consumer reports in which bedsheets made of different fabrics are reviewed through an unbiased lens. Therefore, you can go through the reviews and decide as to which bedsheet suit you the best. After all, it is all about your comfort, so don’t settle for any substandard product, but invest in the top quality bedsheet.
Read more: Best electric blanket
Last Updated on March 15, 2022